in this project, we faced multiple challenges
first of all, the supply. Our team doesn't have the proper supplies. the only things we will be using are ones that can be found commonly.
that limits are techniques of building up the payload.
since we are limited, the technique we use will cause lots of friction, which the NXT motor can barely spin it.
those were the two major problems we faced.
for the first problem, we just had to try our best. we had to keep trying different materials until we get into the best shape. however, time is also a problem. we only had 3 weeks to build up the payload. the efficiency of our work was important too.
for the second problem, we increase the motor power by using more gearwheel transferring more energy on it. yet, the problem still goes back to the supply. since the motor needs to generate enormous power, the materials also need to be able to resist that power. we broke lots of materials because of that
i have learned a lot of different techniques of building stuff. we had to use materials that can be bought commonly.
also, i have learned how to bear the hardship of failure. there is no way to success in one try. i had to rebuild the robots many times. it is annoying but it's the only way to succeed.
this project was new to me and new to the whole team. i used to only use lego pieces to build robots. now, i went to the next level. i am not only using lego any more. i am playing with a more advanced type of robots.